Friday, September 23, 2011

Learning From YouTube

So if you've been reading this blog, you know I have a YouTube account and that I use it at least once a month. I get good comments and then I get comments from trolls just trying to start a fight.

The first thing I started doing was writing back to them, but that's just dumb.  All you end up doing is working them up to get back at you and if you end up making them feel worse and you knew it, you'd hate yourself and I wrote on that before.  Gut reaction tells me to let them know to knock it off, but really that's what they want and it's pointless to talk to them.

The next thing I started doing was to just erase the message that bothered me and not say a word and maybe rant about it on Facebook or here.  It was still bothering me and it still comes back to me later.  It's normal for me to hang on to things, but I'm learning coping skills not to.

The last thing I tried to do, since most big time people get trolled at, too, is to leave it there and let it take care of itself.  If I get good comments later on, ok.  I could also have people smack em up a bit with comments.  Who knows.

Trolls are trolls.  They're hated for a reason.  So I'm just not letting it bother me anymore.  I'm learning how to handle jerks by posting those videos on other topics and just letting things happen.  I don't care so much anymore.  Still bothers me now and then, but hey, that's getting up to a normal level for me, so I'm getting so I feel just as good as anyone else that gets trolled and doesn't give a crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment