Friday, September 2, 2011

The Heck With Trolls. Don't React.

I've been thinking this whole thing over with trolls and cyber bullies for a long time.  We've got fights going on.  Feelings get hurt.  And you know what?  They always say, "don't sink to their level" or "you'll be just as bad as they are."  And the argument against that is "they started it" or "they get what they deserve."  And then ya say "It doesn't  matter who started it" or "don't continue it."  Good argument against getting back at them.  A little weak on the side of those getting back at them.  By getting back at them, you're attempting to tell them the way it is and that's it.  They don't listen.

And I know it's been said that they do it for attention and that that's what they want you to do.  Well, isn't that it?  I mean, you're feeding them what they want.  They go after the anger and hatred because they hate themselves.  Can you imagine how a troll feels for a moment?  Their life is so miserable.  They hate themselves and to get attention, the only attention they know, they take it out on you, so they can then let loose and get angry back.  It's an endless cycle.  You might argue that if you stop, they win, right?  They think they win, but if you don't react in the first place, they don't know how to handle it.

So, we've gotten past the stuff that's been said before or things I've heard so much of, but there's more.  So I'm on youtube one day and there's this guy that obviously started something on one of the video comments for some channel I subscribe to.  The obvious troll was getting hammered.  Comments against him were given thumbs up and featured near the top for the thumbs.  Now just imagine for a moment that this person wasn't a troll (even if he was) think of all the attacks on you by all those people.  Can you imagine how he must feel?  Wow.  Staggering.  Everyone is ganging up on him.  It's going back and forth.  He's feeling the pain.  Yes, they feel pain.  Trolls can cause pain to people when they just go nuts, create multiple accounts, but think how it must feel to the troll if he sees all those people that he can't tell are several people for all he knows giving him backlash for all the trolling he's done.  He's gotta feel really crappy.  I mean really low.

It's hard to feel sorry for a troll sometimes, but really when people go so far and it carries on so much, it's like they get way more than they deserve.  I decided that I'd hate myself for back lashing if he feels so bad on the inside.  I conclude that these trolls can't even take it like they can dish it out.

"Don't hate the player.  Hate the game" as they say.

Remember Jessica Slaughter?  This young girl put up videos that were...well not so nice.  They were really bad and she got backlash for them and she then put up a video where she broke down and cried.  I mean, a lot of people don't feel sorry for her because of what she did.  Hey, I've been bullied all my life.  If she pissed me off, years ago I would've been all over her with text comments and crap, but you see that video and if I back lashed at her, I'd feel like a complete jerk.  I know she talked crap, but still there's only so much that one person deserves.  The punishment doesn't equal the crime.  It's better to handle people like her some other way.

In the end I no longer play this game.  Someone posts crap.  I delete it.  I block.  And that's it.

1 comment:

  1. also on a side note there are also videos from very popular people that have their share of trolls against the people in the video, so what do they do? Mostly nothing. Probably don't take it personally and just leave it, because there are just so many to sift through that they probably don't read many of the comments anyway. Not to say they don't see the douchebags that are nasty about them sometimes, but it's just not worth it.

    ReplyDelete