Monday, July 11, 2011

Ever have a thing for an anime character? Is anime more real to you?

I have to admit I've had things for certain anime characters.  Certain female anime characters.  And to me I just feel more when I watch certain animes with emotion in them like "Clannad" or "Air".  I actually have emotional outlets with them that I can't seem to have in real life.

Anyways, what this was originally supposed to be about was having a certain thing for certain characters, not necessarily in emotional scenes or animes.  I used to have a big thing for Ukyou Kuonji from "Ranma 1/2."  I really miss seeing the vhs recordings we had of them.  I think I'm going to collect that on dvd next.  Ukyou was this spatula wielding tomboy.  She had the looks I like in a girl.  Long black hair and cute.  That basically sums it up there.  Of course the anime wouldn't be complete without all the "Ranma loves who?" stuff.  Come on Ranma, you know you want Ukyou.  You two have a childhood history.

I was then big on Sango from "Inuyasha."  Again with the long black hair?  Yeah, yeah.  I have a plushie of her.  Don't think I could get one of Ukyou.  Never did see one.  Wait, same author and the fact that they both wield a giant weapon.  What gives here.  lol  Is there a fetish for giant weapons?  No.  lol.  Coincidence I guess.  

What about Tsabaki from "Soul Eater."  Yep.  Long dark hair and this time she IS a weapon!  Ok, weird.  lol  I swear there's no pattern here as far as weapons.  

So what about you?  Do you have a thing for anime characters?  Do you have more emotion through tv than real life?

No comments:

Post a Comment