Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Cuddle Hormone" As a Treatment for Autism

'Cuddle Hormone' Possible Treatment For Autism

I saw this article posted on a Facebook autism Group and I thought I'd share it.

It sounds like this hormone benefits autistic people, kids and adults, socially.  I always thought of autism as being something that you couldn't really change as far as social problems, because no matter how you cope with it, the problem is still there, because of your neurological workings.  This suggests that autistics don't get enough of this hormone and that getting more of this hormone can make us more socially aware.

Many autistics go on how they don't want to be cured, because if they cure, it would take away their gifts and such, but this isn't a cure and there probably won't be one.  But this is a good possibility for those like me that have social issues.

What it doesn't say though is whether or not this helps people who are deterred from socializing or like to isolate themselves for whatever reason.  This is my problem.  I'm unsure whether it'd actually help me enough to go out and meet people.

No comments:

Post a Comment