Thursday, April 4, 2013

Do You Cry a Lot or Do You Try To Bottle It Up?

Do Aspies outwardly express their sorrow or bottle them up?  Not a question I can rightly answer about anyone else, but myself.  I think this is up to the individual.

Me, when I was in school, it was this thing that people would tell you that boys don't cry.  That is unless it's something outright awful.  Now girls as I was growing up, they were better to me about it, but not the guys.  When it happened to me, it would be in spurts.  I try to bottle things up and even though usually I lost my temper, I'd cry on rare occasions after having bottled it up for so long and it could be triggered by a movie.

I don't cry often even now.  I cry at funerals.  That's the biggest thing, but usually, even more so now, I' just let a few tear drops run from my eyes and get kind of bleary eyed, but I don't cry much.

Anime films like "Air" or anything else from the same studio, typically have emotional things tied to them and done real well.  I cried twice watching "Air."  It has a troubling ending, but it doesn't make me depressed or ill to watch over and over.  There was one anime that did that, though.  "Grave of the Fireflies."  I saw it twice and I just got rid of it.  I felt ill after watching it and real blah like.  It was a good movie and all, but I can't see myself watching it ever again.

Now that I think of it, it might be that Aspies are more prone to cry.  We seem to be targets in our early years.  I've witnessed and read enough online about it that it's more likely.  But I don't do it often.  I tend to try to emotionally detach myself, even though I'm not terribly good at it depending on the situation.  But yeah, when something sad happens that I'm not there to witness, even if I do have some connection, my emotional side tends to detach itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment