Saturday, October 20, 2012

Starting a Job

Ok, so I know I haven't written in a while, but here's something that I just started.  I got a job with the help of employment services (for disabled people).  The job is with a company that sells appliance parts over the phone.  People call in and give their model numbers and we have to locate and order the parts that they're asking for and we have to up-sell an item such as cleaner or whatever other accessory that can go with their order.  We receive commissions on our sales.

There are 14 days of training and then we are to start.  I haven't yet gotten out of training and am doing well to stay positive.  The supervisor is asking me to sound more confident.  One practice call I was nervous.  The next one, not quite so much, but I still need to work on it.  I can find things kind of easy and even that needs at least a little more work.  I'm forgetting to up-sell, but I feel I am getting better.  At least I'm feeling better.  Like I said I'm doing well to stay positive.  He did say that it was a good call the last time we practiced, but I still need to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment