Thursday, February 23, 2012

Starting a Small Self-employed Business

So I've started plans on building my own computers and selling them on eBay.  Well, that's been changing.  I need to contact Social Security on how to go about this.  I know that they will accommodate you in some ways. My plans have stopped about eBay and gone to a more local idea.  I may put an ad in places, so if anyone close to me wants a computer custom built by me, I can offer them one built with quality parts like Asus, XFX, Samsung, or MSI, as opposed to some of the cheap parts they use in Dells or other such places where they use cheap motherboards or video cards.  The motherboards and power supplies seem to be where they go cheap and fail on customers.  Not to say that some of mine won't fail, but chances will be lower and they will work more effectively and efficiently.  The parts that fail can easily be replaced at almost zero cost to me, because of the warranties on them.

Anyways there will be a seminar where I plan to ask some questions on how to get started.  I need to understand tax laws, resources, and software available to me and how to use it for my business.  Also business licenses.  I don't know if I'll manage to make a living on this alone.  In fact it's probably likely that I'll still need SSD in addition.

But this is more a passion project than a way to make money.  Money is sort of secondary to this.  I love putting these things together and touching the components.

No comments:

Post a Comment