Friday, December 30, 2011

Living in an area with a small population can have its downsides

I live in a rural area.  Small population.  The town I'm outside of is really small.  Even the closest cities aren't that big.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the solitude and the peacefulness of where I live, but if I could at least live closer to really big places that'd be great.

Around this area and even in the small cities surrounding, it is a lot of country folk.  They don't care much about anime. They don't care so much about scifi.  They don't go around touting the newest technology or geeking out at the latest RPG.  Sure there are the few, but they are so hard to find.

There are no anime, comic book, scifi, horror, cons nearby.  There are no geekery clubs to hang around people with my like mind.  It feels so desolate sometimes trying to find even one person I can feel anything in common with.

I've tried so hard to find people in this area even using the internet for this very reason and I can not even find one person.  There are the few that I know and that's very few.  I want to hang out with more people like me.  I want to find a girlfriend that shares these interests.  It's just so lonely here not having much in common with the people I have grown in the same area with.

I hate to rant on and on about this, but it is a shame that people can not give any interest into the things I love most.  People just stick to what is popular.  They don't go searching for things that are different.  Things that are a little less common.  That's why a place with a bigger population would be nice to be closer to.  The chances of running into someone with the same interests would be bigger.  There would be anime stores or store with anime sections.  Places that hold my interest more than just these tiny little unheard of places that do not have any of the good stuff even if it might be related.

No comments:

Post a Comment