Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm Ready For "Final Fantasy XIII-2."

It's funny how action games, especially people and their fighting games and their shooters, make people tense when they play them.  It just seems strange that I play those and I don't get real intense.

So, The last few bosses from the end of Chapter 11 through 13 made me tense up so much that my legs felt funny and I'd walk funny for a short time.  I'd get headaches.  It's things like that.  But Orphan's first form made me so tense that it invoked a lot of anxiety the first time I tried to beat him.  I tried so many times that night that I couldn't sleep well that night and I take anxiety medications like Xanax.  The pill didn't help that night.  I didn't think I'd beat him even after reading how some of the moves that Orphan pulls can nearly kill you and if you don't have a way to get rid of the debuffs that are put on you that keep you from using magic or if you don't change paradigms to healing in time, you're screwed.  And if he casts an instant death spell on your main, you're screwed there, too.  There was this item that if you had 3 of them on it would make the chance of resisting it 66% at best.

I upped my stats on the Crystalium (sp?) all the way for all the characters and I did finally beat it.  I did die the first time after doing that.  It was strange that it was the instant death and there was only a 34% chance that that could happen on my main character with those items equipped.  I had items that took off the debuffs that affected me badly.  Anyways, you have to beat Orphan a second time within a time limit, but that's the easy part.  It's so easy you can't lose unless you don't try.

But anyway that has been the most intense game as far as trying to beat the bosses, especially for an RPG.  RPGs don't do this to me usually.  They're the ones you sit down to relax with.  It's so strange.

I can't wait for "Final Fantasy XIII-2."  They didn't change the fighting for the most part.  They did tweak it a little and add to it, i read.  There's more to explore.  Bigger areas.  There is so much more to the next one that I really really want this next one so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment