Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Do I Control Rage Attacks?

I've been having rage attacks for as long as I can remember. In high school it was bullies. They push my buttons and even the mere thought of them still gets me on edge. It was my way of surviving the experience. To just scream at them and tell them how wrong they were was my only option at the time. No teacher could ever get through to me.

Back then there was little knowledge of Aspergers Syndrome and I didn't have a diagnosis of any kind back then.

Years later after forgiving the whole entirety of the school for it, things still get to me. Right now it's video games that are the big problem for me. My family is starting to get fed up with all the yelling and cursing.

I've figured out this much of it. I get mad when i get stuck in the same situations too many times for me to handle. Case in point, Super Mario Galaxy. I ran through the course repeatedly with only some success. I kept repeating it because my determination kept me going. Determination can be good, but there's a point at which it becomes stubbornness. At this point I have hard time controlling my feelings towards it. So if I can limit the number of times I go over something, that'd be the key.

The next day after having finally given up the day before, it took me approximately three tries to get that star in Mario Galaxy. That showed that I got practice in and that my more calm and cool attitude towards the level paid off. The more tense I am, the less likely I am to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment