Saturday, February 26, 2011

What Might We See in an iPhone 5?

First off, I used to be a proud owner of an iPod touch and loved it. Since I got a droid and went onto a cheap $30 pageplus plan, I had since moved my music and sold my iPod for some extra cash. I do miss my iPod touch and now that I have some extra money coming in I plan on getting and iPhone 5 when it comes out.

So far this is what we know about iPhone 5 which will include what it previously included.
-Faster processor (duh)
-smaller version is an alternative to the regular version

This is all we know, but what do we want to see? I'd like to see a iPhone XL myself, but will this really happen? Mmmm, first off Steve Jobs has been big on conserving power and I think that using more power to operate the iPhone is not in Mr. Jobs best interest here. But with a nano version of the iPhone coming, I think he's trying to tailor to what people want. We have phones with large screens, so the best we can hope for in a larger screen iPhone is probably something like the Droid X. WIDGETS. Steve, we need WIDGETS. Your OS is simple and easy to use, but people want instant access to the weather, news, sports, social networking, etc and to do this widgets are the greatest thing ever. I loved my iPod touch, like I said, but after using a droid there is only one thing about it that I will most definitely miss when I get and iPhone and again that's WIDGETS! With widgets seen on android phones and various other phones, it only makes sense for the next iOS to include such a feature. On top of all this a version of the iPhone with a slide out keyboard option would be very nice. But how many options do we need in an iPhone. A nano? An XL? Both version with a keyboard? Actually you know what? The whole keyboard thing is already doable, since there are just a couple of options of a slide out or swivel out bluetooth keyboard that work on the 3gs on up. We need to see more of these on the market, though. My thought? Steve won't put a keyboard on the iPhone. Our option for one is already there, sorta. LED screen is yet another likely thing to see and with Steve Jobs wanting to conserve his battery power, it only makes sense to use LED screens.

Among other things, I do expect a an increase in mega pixels in at least the back camera. It will likely, also be thinner. We do expect the Verizon and AT&T versions using 4G and on top of that the Verizon one will include LTE technology.

So, I can't wait to see what they're putting into this new phone. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment