Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spirituality or Atheism and Asperger's

First I want reference Look Me in the Eyes for his discussion on the topic, so please read his article also.

Many Aspies might be athiests or some are against organized religion and/or the churches. The reason can be concluded as that many things about organized religion can go against the logic circuit that is in many minds od Aspies. Us Aspies don't like to have the thinking done for us and like to conclude things baed on our own information.

Every aspie is different. Some are athiest and some are spiritual like I am. And then there thee very few that are church goers all the way. Now I am the spiritual type that is against organized religion. I like what Jesus has to offer me, but the dogma of the church is very confining and very strict. I cannot believe everything they interpret from the great book.

It was for this reason that I stopped going to church. I was agnostic for a while. What that means is that unless I could form my own understanding, I could not be a Christian. From more research and understanding on other people's thoughts I learned to just believe in Christ, his life, how he lived and how he died for our sins. That sat much better with me. I love the idea of going to heaven someday and cannot wait for this holy place.

Some say that science denies the existence of any kind of god, but science can only measure the physical realm. It cannot prove God's existence. But that does not mean that it can't exist, because it cannot be measure by a limited understanding such as our earthly science.

I am in no way trying to persuade people in any direction, but to have you at least see my understanding of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment