Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project for an Aspie with No Job

So, I'm an Aspie on disability.  Yeah.  I don't work for various reasons I could go into.  Maybe I need to find my way of making money.  I do have this set up with adSense from Google, but it's really unlikely for me to make money this way, but that's ok, because that's not why I do this.  I get a decent amount from disability that I could one day live on my own and be happy enough.

But I need some kind of project to get on online.  I don't deal well with people offline and when I do online it goes well, so here's the thing.  What does an aspie do for money from home?  I really have no ideas at this point.  I feel like I need to do something else, besides watch dvds, play and stuff online and play video games.  I do exercise and that's great.  Makes me feel alive.  But I need something to do on my own time, whenever I want to do it that has some meat to it.

I don't have many skills available to me at the moment, so maybe that's where I need to start.  I am very good computer wise.  I can use MS Office programs with ease.  I can set up a printer, router, etc.  I can even build a pc, but the last one and only one failed.  It crashed a lot, however that means nothing as I did eventually figure out what was wrong with it after it was all sold.  So, maybe computer repair isn't a strong suit, but then again the people I took it to, that's two separate places, couldn't figure it out either.  I have office skills, but unfortunately that's one place I failed when looking for a job.  I failed many interviews and was let go from one of those types of jobs and I thought I was doing well.

So to any of you aspies out there, what do you do?  What kind of projects have you taken on on the internet?

For now, this is my project, money or not, this is what I do.  Blogging may be a good start for me.  I'll blog here anything geeky and Aspergers related.

No comments:

Post a Comment