Monday, April 16, 2012

Aspies and One Way Thinking

I'll admit I can be quite illogical when I'm mad. When a computer or game gets me upset, I can proclaim that I alone am it's lord and master and that it should do what I make it do. Well that seems sort of logical right? I mean you push the buttons and move the mouse, right? Logic would then tell you that by virtue of the fact that when button 1 is pushed a programmed response to button 1 should therefore occur.

So therefore by simple logic, what I input should always come out right?

Wrong. This is a fallacy. And even now I am getting peeved by my iPhone for correcting my typing errors. I'm making so many mistakes when typing here.

Aha. That's it, right? I'm making the mistakes. I'm the one making false claims that I am perfect. But of course I'm not perfect. How can anyone claim that they are?

Well, here's my problem. A long line of "you're wrong"s and a whole lot of bull fed to me by NTs that I don't act like a normal person would. What is that supposed to mean? That everyone of those saying that is perfect? Please. It's just them throwing their judgement onto me, because they erred in some way, too.

Back on subject, since i am not perfect then then logically nothing else is, too. How can a computer make a mistake, though. Well in a way of speaking, it doesn't. Something is forcing it mess up if, in fact, it is messing up and I am not. Faulty programming? Worn out part? Damaged part? Name the reason. If it clearly isn't me, then it's one of those and I must be able to eliminate me from the equation before I can go any further.

So when I lose at a game, clearly it's usually my fault and I just don't live up to those gamers that I see as average when they might actually be more like pros.

The other thing is that I must accept that things break down or going wonky at times, because of what may be wrong with it at the time.

It's a hard thing for an aspie that is used to a strict one way street that we stick to. We hate it when things obstruct our path. Like I said, we stick to a one way street, us aspies. We don't see detours. We don't see forks in the road. We see one way and sometimes it's got rocks or boulders in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment