Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Started Skyrim Again

So my computer is working as it should again for the most part.  Not worry about anything else.  All the programs are on it that should be, pics, mp3s, videos, etc.

So I'm playing Skyrim again.  I started 2 weeks after mostly fixing the problem.  I'm really enjoying the game again.  I'm taking it into the right direction.  Trying to keep my path in the game mostly ethical.  I'm not joining "The Dark Brotherhood" or "The Thieves Guild."  Some areas of the game are kinda in the grey area.  Like you need to become a werewolf to fully become one of the companions.  I can cure myself later, if I want, but there's really no bad thing about being a werewolf on the game really.  There's fear among the people, so I better not either use the power or change while a guard or someone else is looking.  But really when you become a werewolf, as long as you don't murder any innocents or do anything really bad, there's no real serious ethical issue.

But that's kind of how I play.  I try to keep on the straight and narrow, but there really are a lot of grey areas in the game's ethics.

I wasn't going to start doing alchemy, but at some point, after having picked up so many random ingredients, I thought I'd just fiddle with it and it's really interesting and fun.  So I'm actually crafting and enhancing and enchanting weapons and armor and that's a great part of the game.  It may seem dull to do to some people, but you need to break up the monotony of doing all those missions to some degree.  And it's the outcome of crafting that makes things in the game so fun.  That sense of accomplishment in it.

I'm so happy I've got a computer that can play the game as well as it does.  There's a enhanced graphics DLC for free that I can get, but it's not suggested unless your computer's specs all exceed the recommendations (note: not requirements) by a good degree.  If I had a better video card, I'd consider it.  I think it's fine as it is, though.

This game is going to last me a long time.  I haven't gotten far enough into it to marry anyone, but I plan on doing that, too.  I've furnished my first house in Whiterun.  It doesn't look like messy crap anymore.  Keeping my weapons and etc in a trunk, so I can enchant them later.  I think I will greatly enjoy Skyrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment