Tuesday, March 13, 2012

High Anxiety Levels

A lot of aspies don't get super anxious like me.  When they do it passes quicker.  I have a few anxieties and my biggest one has to do with my computers or mostly my main one.

I backup everything in more than one place, whether it be in the cloud like iTunes or on a separate hard drive.  So, why worry, they're not going to all go out at once.  Pfffft.  Of course not.  Even game saves get backed up.  Computer....Steam cloud.  Playstation....Playstation+.  What do I have to worry about?  So my computer may have to be fixed.  And it was finally over the past few days.  For the most part anyway.

So when something goes wrong enough with it that I feel I have to take the drastic measure of erasing my main drive and reinstalling everything, my anxiety shoots through the roof.  I worry about my backups.  I worry that it won't get fixed.  But why?  What's the worst that can happen?  I have backups.  I have a desktop and a laptop. I lose one and I have another temporarily.  (Can't play Skyrim on my laptop, of course...)  I don't have a lot of money, but what I do have are the skills to fix a computer.  I just hate fixing my own.

It's my aspie attachment to computers that kind of does it.  I worry so much when my electronics decide to give.  Even my iPhone (which I plan on stopping service on and switch to a pre-pay and use the iPhone as an iPod touch).

So, what do I do.  I'm learning that meditation and music for several minutes at a time is great relief, but I still need to learn when to use it and how long.  I also need to learn to redirect my thoughts when meditating.  I can't imagine clearing my mind like some say they do during meditation.  That's sort of an impossibility.  My mind is always on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment