Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Feeling the Need to Build

I keep wanting to build a computer.  I've got this perfectly fine computer, but I just want to have the anticipation of receiving the parts, the feel of the parts in my hands, the research that goes into it. And the feeling I get from making one work and bench marking it and seeing how well it can run games.

There's just something about putting one together and knowing what's in it.  Making one better than the next.  I'd get a real kick out of building and selling these beasts, too.  But I simply am broke and don't know the business end of things like tax paying and such or how it would affect my disability.

I was looking into video cards minutes ago and it's kind of silly to replace the one I have now, since it hasn't been in there long, but that was only to replace a broken one that was overheating.  It's like I really want to push the games I have to their limits and see just how good I can make them look.  I have a ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 1 GB of video ram in it, now and I was looking at an HD 6850 2 GB.

I was at one time looking at a touch screen monitor in anticipation of Windows 8 and I know that's a long ways off.  I guess I'm sort of an addict to computer technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment