Thursday, August 18, 2011

Discouraged About People

So, I guess this feeling started with being rejected on an online dating service and I should be used to that or being ignored on those sites. *sigh* Everyone wants someone who is financially secure and/or working. They have to do "adult stuff" for fun like go to the bar once in a while, etc. They'd frown upon video game players, cartoon/anime watchers or people who aren't very social adept. 

I get discouraged from it, but I bounce back eventually (not more than a day). But I dunno, right now I feel like people are judgmental, opinionated, pushy, and rude. They frown at you when you check out with a food stamp card and they think that a disability has to be visible to be there. 

They say they have to go to work or the people on soc sec are going to be disappointed. >.< UGH! They don't even realize the hell I've been through. Just because it's not visible doesn't mean it doesn't exist! If you've never felt it, then you don't know what it's like, so think about that before you go and say something stupid about something you don't understand. I don't care if you don't understand, you should at least have the decency to say "I don't know. I may not understand, but who am I to judge? I can't judge anything I don't know anything about." I mean, I try to understand a lot of things and I may not understand some things that people have or are, but because I'm different in my own way means that I don't know enough to judge. I at least try to understand stuff. I make an effort, but these people are so close minded that they don't want to think about it. Maybe it's just too much work to use your head a little. >.< 

I just would say to them, "if you've felt like that at one time or another, try imagining that pain and irritation or what have you and imagine you have it day after day after day." Hell, isn't it? Hell, but you learn to deal to some degree. I mean, my anxiety isn't too bad in many situations now, so i'm getting along better, but my ASD gets in my way from working and I need to find something that suits me more where as with most people they take what they can get. It's not necessarily good for them in the long run, but they can say they're strong and put up with it as long as they have to. I know people like that and sometimes the job wears down on them, but they're strong enough that a little vacation is all they need to get back on their feet. Not me. not me... 

I tried to stop blaming myself a long time ago and for the most part I have, but when you see how people react to you when you don't have a job or what not, it can be pretty discouraging and hurtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment