Friday, August 12, 2011

Changes in my socialization seem positive.

Things seem to be getting better.  I fooled the new nurse at the mental health clinic into thinking I was looking into her eyes when my eyes were off in slightly off directions.  Chin, mouth, off to the sides a bit, forehead, etc.  It's something that aspies have learned to deal with.  At times I do still find discomfort in looking into the eyes when I try.

The funny thing is that for the last couple months I've just been noting more talkativeness in appointments, mostly with my therapist.  I've had a lot to talk about on the subject and a little on off topics, too.  That's rare for me, but this doesn't always translate outside the place.  Maybe it's the comfort of being there.  But the nurse was  new to me.  She just told me to tell her about myself and I did.  Whatever came to mind.  Not sure what's caused some of this change.

Maybe if this keeps up I can see more positive changes.  I do still isolate a little bit.  I come out of it now and then when not forced to.  There's little change there.  It seems I need to try harder at least things are more encouraging now.

No comments:

Post a Comment