Thursday, June 9, 2011

The problem with being a clumsy computer loving aspie

*sigh* t t t t t .... Ok, so accidents happen.  Even accidents that can cost you hundreds of dollars.  This happens a lot with cars and I guess with computers, too.  Unfortunately, I don't have insurance on computer parts, but the good news is that the damaged part is not terribly expensive.  *sigh*

I recently had to buy a new power supply (the computer's graphics card was already underpowered), a graphics card (which was damaged from overheating, possibly from too much dust and dirt, and a blower.

So I get the parts out and oops, I knock the caged hard drive onto the concrete.  I had hoped that nothing happened, so I put everything together as normal.  Let's just say that I'm glad that have all my necessities backed up on a usb hard drive.

This is not fun.  Not fun at all.  I'm not sure where my backup version of Windows Vista is as it's not labeled. I have those disks and a windows upgrade disk, then to copy everything back to where it belongs.  This is going to be a daunting task and I don't like it one bit.

I'm coping with this.  I have some anxiety and I think about what I'm going to have to do to get it working again, but it's not like I used to be.  Normally I'd be very anxious about how big a task it's going to be, but then I realize that I had to put my backup stuff on my laptop, too and get it all set up the way I wanted and it took hours or even days.  *sigh*  It's just going to be a big project is all, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment