Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Second Look at Sony Attack

So it's hackers, huh?  They get pissed off at a company and decide to hack it.  How many pissed off hackers get together and attack other sites?  I'm sure people got pissed at Microsoft many times.  What makes Sony's case so special?

Nothing.  So why is it that hackers have breached so heavily into Sony's network?  Why is this big news.  Is this attack really that sophisticated?  I mean more sophisticated than any other thwarted attempt on any other company?

Sony, you've got some explaining to do here.  If Sony's security really is just as good as any other company's then it should very well have been noticed and thwarted before anything happened.  I truly think Sony's at fault here, as much as the hackers are at fault for having the knowledge and stupidity, at the same time, to do this.

Sony's kissing our butts by giving us rewards as soon as the network is up and running again.  Honestly, I will take those rewards and use them wisely.  I will, however, not trust them with my debit card again.  I am removing it and using the cards you buy in stores.  Sony can't be trusted with my information.

The least Sony can do is stand up like respectable men and women and say they were sorry and that it was their fault that the attacks got through, because their security wasn't up to par.  Maybe then I will trust them.

I do see class action lawsuits happening later on and will be keeping eye on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment