Thursday, June 28, 2012

A New Job?


So, I've been through job assessment for OVR and part of it had me working or rather taking a look into a call center that receives calls for parts for appliances.  Namely washers, dryers, microwaves.  Basically kitchen and cleaning appliances.  And I think Air conditioners.

The woman doing the assessment has said that I may actually end up working  part-time there.  Finally, more income aside from the little SSDI.  I would have been okay, living on my own with it, but I don't think I'd like it near as much.  At this point I'm unsure about the job.  The phone used to scare me a little, but I do have experience working with customers, bu that was a flop, because most of the time, face-to-face with a customer is draining and sometimes downright nerve wracking.  When I'm on the phone I would imagine that much of the stress will be gone, so we'll see.  If not this place, than I'm sure there's got to be another office job that will hire me.

I've been told it's rather easy, once you get into it.  Do a lot of Google searches for part numbers or gather information from the customer on where it is or what it looks like and as long as they have the model number, I should be able to find the part.  That is, of course, if it's discontinued.  Then it's tough luck for the caller.  =/  Unless of course they can get a used one off the internet.  Even if something is discontinued, that doesn't necessarily mean there's no way of getting it ever.

It's a small place and that's just as well.  Training goes on.  A manager is there, just in case I need help.

I'll let you know how it goes when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment