Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Mehvie

Yeah, I said it. Meh-vie. Don't get me wrong. I love Tim & Eric's humor and parts of this really were funny.

For those that don't know Tim and Eric. There a close comedy duo usually seen in Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block. Their sketches include old 80s style commercials, cable access like programming and various other abstract comedy.

It's hard to really tell you much more about their comedy, because it's so bizarre and abstract. In fact only certain types of people love their goofy sense of humor like I do.

Spoilers ahead possibly. If you like Tim and Eric chances are, like me, you'll watch it anyway. It's them being what they are known for.

That being said and this being a full uncensored R rated film Tim and Eric go all out and let loose. This often ends up being hilariously stupid and even disgustingly funny. However some parts, for me, went into disgusting areas that were a hair too much for me. I'll try to keep this from being too descriptive, but there's a poop scene, a sex scene and piercing scene that over did it for me.

I kind of noted that this seemed a little like it was influenced by Weird Al's movie "UHF." Tim and Eric try taking over and making an old mall better again. Hmmm. Sounds like when Al tried to bring an old UHF station back from the dead. Of course if you've ever seen a Tim and Eric show, you'll know that Al makes an appearance once in a while.

I hope Tim and Eric go back to doing Adult Swim. Their show is much better there.

No comments:

Post a Comment